In this article, I will be looking at abdominoplasty or a Virginia Beach tummy tuck which is becoming quite popular among both men and women. Cosmetic surgery is becoming quite a rage these days. Everybody is getting something or the other done in order to attain that perfect look.
Virginia Beach Tummy Tuck
In order to become a successful candidate for tummy tuck, the following requirements should be met:
- Be in good general heath
- Carry excess weight in the midsection area
- Have droopy or loose skin around the abdomen
- Have healthy expectations of the surgery. This should be discussed with the surgeon
- Commit to maintaining the results with regular exercise and a stable diet
Candidates of tummy tuck should not do the following:
- Have serious medical conditions which could be compromised by undergoing a surgical procedure
- Planning on becoming pregnant
- Planning to lose a significant amount of weight
- Feel pressurized into undergoing the surgery by someone else
Ultimately, a good candidate for a Virginia Beach tummy tuck is an adult who is not too far from his or her ideal body weight. They should also have an abdominal area that has not sufficiently responded to exercise and diet.
Abdominoplasty Virginia Beach
The benefits of abdominoplasty are as follows:
- Removal of excess abdominal skin as a result of major weight loss
- Elimination of stretch marks by either removal of the affected skin or the tightening of skin
- Creation of a flatter, tighter, more contoured abdomen and narrower waist. This is especially helpful for women whose stomach muscles have changed after pregnancy or individuals who have drooping or sagging skin after weight loss, aging or pregnancy
- Increased self-confidence
- Lasting results if the patient follows a healthy lifestyle.
- Removal of belly fat cells to keep your internal organs functioning properly without added toxins, pressure and fatty acids.
Any type of cosmetic surgery comes with its fair share of risks. Abdominoplasty Virginia Beach is also no exception to this rule. Therefore, some of the potential risks are as follows:
- Infection and bleeding at the site of abdominoplasty
- Fat necrosis and risk of accumulation of fluids under belly skin
- Damage to the nearby nerves causing numbness in the area of the nerve
- Complications and risks due to anesthesia procedure
- Discoloration of the skin near the site of abdominoplasty
- Deep vein thrombosis.
- Lung and heart complications due to clot. Clots may pose risks for the lung and heart and can cause severe chest pain
While looking for a qualified plastic surgeon Virginia Beach, the following considerations should be taken into account:
- Board certification
- Ample amount of experience in the field of tummy tuck or abdominoplasty
- A cosmetic surgeon that shares your sense of aesthetics
- Ability to develop an emotional connection
- Safety and the operating facility
- Make sure that you will be properly looked after
- The cost of undergoing the procedure and whether your insurance will cover this